Digital Data Analytics Manager
Are you struggling to find happiness at a job where you feel uninspired or underappreciated?
Or maybe you’re tired of sifting through job postings that just don’t seem to fit what you’re looking for?
You’ve come to the right place.
At Lovingly, first and foremost, we’re all about people, culture, community, and relationships. (https://vimeo.com/224070768/b0a5650211) Our office is a home away from home. From going out to lunch, to taking walks on sunny days (even 29º ones), to happy hours at our local bar—we all actually enjoy spending time together.
However, we don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Our success as a business comes from having an office full of laughter, led by strong, creative minds, and possibly people like you! (Having awesome products doesn’t hurt either!)
Here’s what we do: Most people get overwhelmed when they buy flowers online. We’ve created a guided gifting experience that makes it easy to send beautiful floral arrangements that celebrate life’s special moments. And we constantly strive to come up with newer, better, stronger ideas and products. We don’t just sit back and admire what has already been accomplished—we ask, “What can we do next?”
Here’s why we do it: We believe in the power of community. We believe that by helping one another each day and giving lovingly, we can strengthen relationships to help bring people closer together.
Here’s why you should apply: You have a strong work ethic and welcome challenges, and also enjoy being part of a company that works together as a team. You don’t give up when it seems like you’re facing a wall—you brainstorm, research, learn, and solve. You’re up for making a bunch of new friends (because we’ll be your friends whether you like it or not).
Like what you’ve read so far? The nitty-gritty is below. We look forward to hearing from you!
What you will be doing:
As a Digital Analytics Manager with Lovingly, you have a firm grasp of web analytics, data structures, database design, data mining, distributed architecture, security applications, and applied systems analysis. You are an individual who implements and oversees the analytical approaches and methodologies. You are a great communicator and cross-departmental collaborator, answering questions for growth across sales, marketing, engineering, etc. You also use business data and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance and suggest areas and methods of improving operations. You perform advanced business analysis using various techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining. Most importantly, you get to define and specify the systems and processes the company will use.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be responsible for leading the strategic design, specifications and maintenance of business intelligence applications.
- Use data to inform the full cycle of digital development: identify key opportunities for site enhancements.
- Own determining best practices and developing actionable insights and recommendations that help drive current business operations.
- Intelligently transform complex data sets from multiple platforms into actionable insights.
- Collaborate with the internal or external client to identify analytical requirements.
- Control and develop internal/external information sources for business analysis.
- Drive the implementation or development of systems to capture business operation information.
- Identify, research, and resolve complex technical problems.
- Establish KPIs for measuring the success, and report results to broader team.
- Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities.
- Ensures that milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Collects and analyzes data to evaluate existing and potential online markets.
- Uses traffic tracking applications to recognize user patterns and trends to help formulate effective marketing techniques.
- Assists in the implementation and improvement of E-commerce programs.
- Analyzes market data to improve and monitor the performance of the marketing activities and plans.
- Monitors and identifies trends and transfers data into policies.
- Handle special analytical projects as needed.
- May oversee the work of less experienced analysts.
- BS/MS in statistics, computer science, information systems, and business administration, or related fields.
- 5+ years experience or 3 years with equivalent Masters, Certification, or other training
- Extensive experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and visualization software (Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc).
- Experience with statistical analysis methods, market research, and SQL.
- Ability to synthesize complex qualitative and quantitative data and communicate relevant insights and recommendations using data visualization.
- Understanding of ETL tools, Data Pipelining and database architecture.
- Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts (Python preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of database management systems (RDBMS, NoSQL, Columnar).
- Ability to derive actionable insights from data and effectively guide decision-making.
- Understanding of leveraging best practices in data analytics to capture data, perform analysis and optimize all aspects of our brand.
- Informs strategy development and decision-making through holistic data integration, objective data analytics, and actionable recommendations.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship.
- Ability to think clearly and concisely in high pressure situations.
- Great communications skills.
- An Apple computer and the latest software to do your job effectively
- Competitive base salary
- A fun, upbeat office culture
- Casual dress code & relaxed working environment
- 401K with guaranteed 3% salary contribution
- A Collegial, Highly-Creative Working Atmosphere
- A Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Optional Life & Accident Insurance
- Gym Reimbursement
- 20 Paid Time Off Days (Use them however you want)
Here’s how we’re different: The services we provide are performance-based, which means we put our clients first and prioritize their success. We respect each others’ ideas and expertise. We spend a lot of time making bad jokes, we know that teamwork makes the dream work, and most of all, we believe in what we do.
Lovingly offers a workplace that thrives on innovation and celebrates teamwork, so Monday will be your favorite day of the week. If all the above sounds good to you, reach out. We want to hear from you!