Test Automation Engineer - Intern
Are you struggling to find happiness at a job where you feel uninspired or underappreciated?
Or maybe you’re tired of sifting through job postings that just don’t seem to fit what you’re looking for?
You’ve come to the right place.
At Lovingly, first and foremost, we’re all about people, culture, community, and relationships. (https://vimeo.com/224070768/b0a5650211 ) Our office is a home away from home. From going out to lunch, to taking walks on sunny days (even 29º ones), to happy hours at our local bar—we all actually enjoy spending time together.
However, we don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Our success as a business comes from having an office full of laughter, led by strong, creative minds, and possibly people like you! (Having awesome products doesn’t hurt either!) (https://www.lovingly.com/)
Here’s what we do: Most people get overwhelmed when they buy flowers online. We’ve created a guided gifting experience that makes it easy to send beautiful floral arrangements that celebrate life’s special moments. And we constantly strive to come up with newer, better, stronger ideas and products. We don’t just sit back and admire what has already been accomplished—we ask, “What can we do next?”
Here’s why we do it: We believe in the power of community. We believe that by helping one another each day and giving lovingly, we can strengthen relationships to help bring people closer together.
Here’s why you should apply: You have a strong work ethic and welcome challenges, and also enjoy being part of a company that works together as a team. You don’t give up when it seems like you’re facing a wall—you brainstorm, research, learn, and solve. You’re up for making a bunch of new friends (because we’ll be your friends whether you like it or not).
Like what you’ve read so far? The nitty-gritty is below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Here is what you will be doing:
As a Test Automation Engineer at Lovingly your role is essential in developing systems that monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards. You will interact with other engineers in group to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. You also will assure the products are error free at all times. Most importantly, you will be responsible, alongside our QA team, our automation test suite.
In addition, as an Intern at Lovingly your role is important in supporting the projects you are assigned to. You are expected to participate at a professional level of output and quality and collaborate with those mentoring you.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Writing test cases and automating test scripts that ensure quality. You’ll support test suites for multiple platforms and browser configurations
- Works with others to estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Scoping and building an automation test framework covering web and backend services
- Working on test automation alongside our development team
- Collaborating with development and product teams to understand upcoming features
- Investigating, recommending and building testing tools and frameworks to support future development
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Other requests that support the business at supervisor requests
- Working towards a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience with automated tests suites (selenium, wind runner, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience working with devops provisioning technologies, chef, puppet, ansible or equivalent are a plus
- Knowledge and experience of AWS cloud infrastructure or equivalent services a plus
- Knowledge of both white box and black box testing using automated tools
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development process and appropriate tools (like Jira, etc)
- Knowledge of performance and/or security testing is a plus
An Apple computer and the latest software to do your job effectively
- Competitive base salary
- A fun, upbeat office culture
- Casual dress code & relaxed working environment
- A Collegial, Highly-Creative Working Atmosphere
Here’s how we’re different: The services we provide are performance-based, which means we put our clients first and prioritize their success. We respect each others’ ideas and expertise. We spend a lot of time making bad jokes, we know that teamwork makes the dream work, and most of all, we believe in what we do.
Lovingly offers a workplace that thrives on innovation and celebrates teamwork, so Monday will be your favorite day of the week. If all the above sounds good to you, reach out. We want to hear from you!