Full Stack Software Engineer - Intern
Are you struggling to find happiness at a job where you feel uninspired or underappreciated?
Or maybe you’re tired of sifting through job postings that just don’t seem to fit what you’re looking for?
You’ve come to the right place.
At Lovingly, first and foremost, we’re all about people, culture, community, and relationships. (https://vimeo.com/224070768/b0a5650211) Our office is a home away from home. From going out to lunch, to taking walks on sunny days (even 29º ones), to happy hours at our local bar—we all actually enjoy spending time together.
However, we don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Our success as a business comes from having an office full of laughter, led by strong, creative minds, and possibly people like you! (Having awesome products doesn’t hurt either!) (https://www.lovingly.com/)
Here’s what we do: Most people get overwhelmed when they buy flowers online. We’ve created a guided gifting experience that makes it easy to send beautiful floral arrangements that celebrate life’s special moments. And we constantly strive to come up with newer, better, stronger ideas and products. We don’t just sit back and admire what has already been accomplished—we ask, “What can we do next?”
Here’s why we do it: We believe in the power of community. We believe that by helping one another each day and giving lovingly, we can strengthen relationships to help bring people closer together.
Here’s why you should apply: You have a strong work ethic and welcome challenges, and also enjoy being part of a company that works together as a team. You don’t give up when it seems like you’re facing a wall—you brainstorm, research, learn, and solve. You’re up for making a bunch of new friends (because we’ll be your friends whether you like it or not).
Like what you’ve read so far? The nitty-gritty is below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Here is what you will be doing: As a Full Stack software engineer at Lovingly you are a computer programmer who is proficient in both front and back end coding to solve technical challenges from a holistic point of view. You handle complicated technical challenges and can plan and implement solutions that span multiple systems that will allow each sub-system to perform tasks its best suited for. You have a strong technical background in software creation and testing, reverse engineering, and various programming tasks. You also will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
In addition, as an Intern at Lovingly your role is important in supporting the projects you are assigned to. You are expected to participate at a professional level of output and quality and collaborate with those mentoring you.
- Maintain, develop and document solutions for all levels of the technological stack including infrastructure, database, back-end, and front-end systems
- Collaborate and communicate with other engineers
- Interact with stakeholders and business partners across the entire organization including product, design, marketing, and customer service
- Investigate and implement for any issues affecting current systems
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones
- Maintaining APIs
- Model database schemas to the present requirement with future enhancement in mind
- Maintain or aid in improving high coding standards and quality in each system in an iterative manner
- Create Spec documents outlining the requirements of each project and estimate the time it will take to complete each task
- Monitor the health of applications and third party services
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
- Other requests that support the business at supervisor requests
This position is temporary (3 months), full-time (40 hours per week), Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Working towards a BS/MS in computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering or equivalent experience or code school training
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience working with devops provisioning technologies, chef, puppet, ansible or equivalent are a plus
- Knowledge and experience of AWS cloud infrastructure or equivalent services a plus
- Working knowledge of docker and containerization technologies a plus
- Work well independently and within a group environment
- An Apple computer and the latest software to do your job effectively
- Competitive base salary
- A fun, upbeat office culture
- Casual dress code & relaxed working environment
- A Collegial, Highly-Creative Working Atmosphere
Here’s how we’re different: The services we provide are performance-based, which means we put our clients first and prioritize their success. We respect each others’ ideas and expertise. We spend a lot of time making bad jokes, we know that teamwork makes the dream work, and most of all, we believe in what we do.
Lovingly offers a workplace that thrives on innovation and celebrates teamwork, so Monday will be your favorite day of the week. If all the above sounds good to you, reach out. We want to hear from you!