Data Science Engineer - Intern - Fall Internship
Are you struggling to find happiness at a job where you feel uninspired or underappreciated?
Or maybe you’re tired of sifting through job postings that just don’t seem to fit what you’re looking for?
You’ve come to the right place.
At Lovingly, first and foremost, we’re all about people, culture, community, and relationships (https://player.vimeo.com/video/179077090). Our office is a home away from home. From going out to lunch, to taking walks on sunny days (even 29º ones), to happy hours at our local bar—we all actually enjoy spending time together.
However, we don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Our success as a business comes from having an office full of laughter, led by strong, creative minds, and possibly people like you! (Having awesome products doesn’t hurt either!)
Here’s what we do: Most people get overwhelmed when they buy flowers online. We’ve created a guided gifting experience that makes it easy to send beautiful floral arrangements that celebrate life’s special moments. And we constantly strive to come up with newer, better, stronger ideas and products. We don’t just sit back and admire what has already been accomplished—we ask, “What can we do next?”
Here’s why we do it: We believe in the power of community. We believe that by helping one another each day and giving lovingly, we can strengthen relationships to help bring people closer together.
Here’s why you should apply: You have a strong work ethic and welcome challenges, and also enjoy being part of a company that works together as a team. You don’t give up when it seems like you’re facing a wall—you brainstorm, research, learn, and solve. You’re up for making a bunch of new friends (because we’ll be your friends whether you like it or not).
Like what you’ve read so far? The nitty-gritty is below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Here is what you will be doing: As a Data Science engineer at Lovingly you are a computer programmer with a passion for deep learning that can learn fast and apply the latest innovations in AI and NLP to our patent-pending technology. A Lovingly data science engineer is a full stack developer with emphasis on identifying and solving business trends and problems through complex big data analysis. You have a strong technical background in software creation and testing, reverse engineering, and various programming tasks. You also will be required to participate in a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail. You interpret results from multiple sources using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining independently.
In addition, as an Intern at Lovingly your role is important in supporting the projects you are assigned to. You are expected to participate at a professional level of output and quality and collaborate with those mentoring you.
- Develop machine learning models to organize and classify information
- Designs, develops and implements the most valuable business solutions for the organization
- Prepare big data, implement data models and develops database to support the business solutions
- Extract structured knowledge and key themes from unstructured text
- Define requirements and processes for collecting labeled datasets
- Collaborate with product management and other engineers to define requirements for applications of machine learning models
- Continuously review the latest academic research to develop new strategies for solving key problems
- Contribute to building standard data processing pipelines
- Evaluate and optimize models for accuracy and speed
- Investigate and implement for any issues affecting current systems
- Create Spec documents outlining the requirements of each project and estimate the time it will take to complete each task
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
- Other requests that support the business at supervisor requests
Fall Internship: This position is a temporary (3 months), full-time (40 hours per week), Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. $20 per hour, 40 hours per week,
- Working towards a BS/MS in computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering or equivalent experience or code school training
- Coursework in Natural Language Processing and Machine (Deep) Learning
- Proficiency in algorithms, data structures and computer science fundamentals
- Experience with topic modeling approaches for organizing unstructured documents
- Knowledge of R, Python or similar languages
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience working with devops provisioning technologies, chef, puppet, ansible or equivalent are a plus
- Knowledge and experience of AWS cloud infrastructure or equivalent services a plus
- Working knowledge of docker and containerization technologies a plus
- Work well independently and within a group environment
- An Apple computer and the latest software to do your job effectively
- Competitive base salary
- A fun, upbeat office culture
- Casual dress code & relaxed working environment
- A Collegial, Highly-Creative Working Atmosphere
Here’s how we’re different: The services we provide are performance-based, which means we put our clients first and prioritize their success. We respect each others’ ideas and expertise. We spend a lot of time making bad jokes, we know that teamwork makes the dream work, and most of all, we believe in what we do.
Lovingly offers a workplace that thrives on innovation and celebrates teamwork, so Monday will be your favorite day of the week. If all the above sounds good to you, reach out. We want to hear from you!