Front End Software Engineer - Fall Internship
Are you struggling to find happiness at a job where you feel uninspired or underappreciated?
Or maybe you’re tired of sifting through job postings that just don’t seem to fit what you’re looking for?
You’ve come to the right place.
At Lovingly, first and foremost, we’re all about people, culture, community, and relationships. (https://vimeo.com/224070768/b0a5650211) Our office is a home away from home. From going out to lunch, to taking walks on sunny days (even 29º ones), to happy hours at our local bar—we all actually enjoy spending time together.
However, we don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Our success as a business comes from having an office full of laughter, led by strong, creative minds, and possibly people like you! (Having awesome products doesn’t hurt either!) (https://www.lovingly.com/)
Here’s what we do: Most people get overwhelmed when they buy flowers online. We’ve created a guided gifting experience that makes it easy to send beautiful floral arrangements that celebrate life’s special moments. And we constantly strive to come up with newer, better, stronger ideas and products. We don’t just sit back and admire what has already been accomplished—we ask, “What can we do next?”
Here’s why we do it: We believe in the power of community. We believe that by helping one another each day and giving lovingly, we can strengthen relationships to help bring people closer together.
Here’s why you should apply: You have a strong work ethic and welcome challenges, and also enjoy being part of a company that works together as a team. You don’t give up when it seems like you’re facing a wall—you brainstorm, research, learn, and solve. You’re up for making a bunch of new friends (because we’ll be your friends whether you like it or not).
Like what you’ve read so far? The nitty-gritty is below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Reports to: Director of Engineering
In addition, as an Intern at Lovingly your role is important in supporting the projects you are assigned to. You are expected to participate at a professional level of output and quality and collaborate with those mentoring you.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Maintain and create new features for different JS frameworks including React, AngularJS, Bootstrap, etc
● Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones
● Optimizing applications for maximum speed
● Works with designers to implement their vision
● Create and update email templates using a combination of Jinja2 and Zurb Emails framework
● Test emails and Applications using various test suites such as Browserstack, Virtualbox, and Ghostlab
● Create Spec documents outlining the requirements of each project and estimate the time it will take to complete each task
● Release applications on schedule with the other teams
● Build environments for new application environments with Webpack, Docker, and Terraform
● Understand the entire technology stack and be able to work in other domains
● Continue to learn new technologies
● Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
● Other requests that support the business at supervisor requests
● Working toward a BS/MS in computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering or equivalent experience or code school training
● Experienced in consumer email creation and distribution
● Must be very comfortable creating layouts and writing forms that conform to accessibility requirements
● Must know how to optimize a website for speed & performance, or be willing to learn
● Must be comfortable using the command line, or be willing to learn
● Experience in design and design tools a plus
FALL INTERNSHIP: $20 per hour, 40 hours per week, Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- An Apple computer and the latest software to do your job effectively
- Competitive base salary
- A fun, upbeat office culture
- Casual dress code & relaxed working environment
- A Collegial, Highly-Creative Working Atmosphere
Here’s how we’re different: The services we provide are performance-based, which means we put our clients first and prioritize their success. We respect each others’ ideas and expertise. We spend a lot of time making bad jokes, we know that teamwork makes the dream work, and most of all, we believe in what we do.