Vice President of Operations
Are you struggling to find happiness at a job where you feel uninspired or underappreciated?
Or maybe you’re tired of sifting through job postings that just don’t seem to fit what you’re looking for?
You’ve come to the right place.
At Lovingly, first and foremost, we’re all about people, culture, community, and relationships. (https://vimeo.com/224070)
Our office is a home away from home. From going out to lunch, to taking walks on sunny days (even 29º ones), to happy hours at our local bar—we all actually enjoy spending time together.
However, we don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Our success as a business comes from having an office full of laughter, led by strong, creative minds, and possibly people like you! (Having awesome products doesn’t hurt either!) (https://www.lovingly.com)
Here’s what we do: Most people get overwhelmed when they buy flowers online. We’ve created a guided gifting experience that makes it easy to send beautiful floral arrangements that celebrate life’s special moments. And we constantly strive to come up with newer, better, stronger ideas and products. We don’t just sit back and admire what has already been accomplished—we ask, “What can we do next?”
Here’s why we do it: We believe in the power of community. We believe that by helping one another each day and giving lovingly, we can strengthen relationships to help bring people closer together.
Here’s why you should apply: You have a strong work ethic and welcome challenges, and also enjoy being part of a company that works together as a team. You don’t give up when it seems like you’re facing a wall—you brainstorm, research, learn, and solve. You’re up for making a bunch of new friends (because we’ll be your friends whether you like it or not).
Like what you’ve read so far? The nitty-gritty is below. We look forward to hearing from you!
As The VP of Operations at Lovingly, you’ll oversee daily operations within the company. You’ll lead with the knowledge that your influence is growth-minded, metric-driven, with good judgement being at the core of your decision making. You’ll take ownership, operate with high energy professionalism, and possess a vision for what's possible in a fast moving, high paced environment. You will work collaboratively, sharing knowledge and insight and communicating with others in the management team. You’ll coordinate strategy with key stakeholders and ensure that the operations team stays on track to meet their objectives. You will hold them and yourself accountable for key results.
By stepping into this highly visible role, you’ll have proven results in measuring and driving complex tasks and projects and you’ll thrive on driving in the fast lane, navigating quick decision making with strategic vision. You’re passionate about accountability, quality control, and moving at full speed. You’re not afraid to shift gears, and you’ll do it smoothly and efficiently.
What you’ll be doing:
Leadership: You’ll lead proactively, think ahead, anticipate problems, and effectively roll up sleeves to tackle issues before they arise. You’ll ensure strategic projects and tactical business needs are properly executed while developing strong collaborative relationships.
Ownership: You’ll build a rigorous management cadence and pipeline routines to encourage predictability, accountability and accuracy while facilitating the processes for prioritization, resource allocation, and performance measurement across the company.
Analytical: You’ll monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance, focusing on product performance, lifetime customer value, customer behavior and other trend drivers to optimize and establish quality control.
Resourceful: You’ll drive continuous improvement by utilizing OKR’s and associated KPI's throughout all areas of your responsibility. You’ll continuously develop and build measurable goals that help the organization understand the effectiveness of its initiatives.
Strategic: You’ll work directly with co-founders to develop strategic plans that drive growth and ensure operational scalability that will deliver rapid growth and superior execution.
Exploratory: You’ll own an entrepreneurial spirit, taking advantage of challenges, discovering ways to optimize business practices. You’ll be authentically and enthusiastically invested in deep diving into program performance to proactively identify opportunity areas or understand growth challenges.
- 10+ years of management experience in Financial/Analytics/Business Operations/Strategy in a SaaS company is a must.
- A proven track record of scaling tech companies.
- Extensive experience in operational management.
- Experience using SalesForce or similar CRM and its reporting capabilities
- Creative problem solver and self motivated
- Strong team-building, organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- High comfort level working in a diverse, fast-paced environment
- Professional demeanor, leads by example, and is self-motivated
- Ability to define, refine and implement operational processes, methodologies, and policies.
- Solid understanding of SaaS and relevant metrics needed to measure success
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Masters degree in Business Administration or Finance preferred.
- An Apple computer and the latest software to do your job effectively
- Competitive base salary
- A fun, upbeat office culture
- Casual dress code & relaxed working environment
- 401K with guaranteed 3% salary contribution
- A Collegial, Highly-Creative Working Atmosphere
- A Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Optional Life & Accident Insurance
- Gym Reimbursement
- 20 Paid Time Off Days (Use them however you want)
Here’s how we’re different: The services we provide are performance-based, which means we put our clients first and prioritize their success. We respect each others’ ideas and expertise. We spend a lot of time making bad jokes, we know that teamwork makes the dream work, and most of all, we believe in what we do.