Are you struggling to find happiness at a job where you feel uninspired or underappreciated?
Or maybe you’re tired of sifting through job postings that just don’t seem to fit what you’re looking for?
You’ve come to the right place.
At Lovingly, first and foremost, we’re all about people, culture, community, and relationships. (https://vimeo.com/224070)
Our office is a home away from home. From going out to lunch, to taking walks on sunny days (even 29º ones), to happy hours at our local bar—we all actually enjoy spending time together.
However, we don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Our success as a business comes from having an office full of laughter, led by strong, creative minds, and possibly people like you! (Having awesome products doesn’t hurt either!) (https://www.lovingly.com)
Here’s what we do: Most people get overwhelmed when they buy flowers online. We’ve created a guided gifting experience that makes it easy to send beautiful floral arrangements that celebrate life’s special moments. And we constantly strive to come up with newer, better, stronger ideas and products. We don’t just sit back and admire what has already been accomplished—we ask, “What can we do next?”
Here’s why we do it: We believe in the power of community. We believe that by helping one another each day and giving lovingly, we can strengthen relationships to help bring people closer together.
Here’s why you should apply: You have a strong work ethic and welcome challenges, and also enjoy being part of a company that works together as a team. You don’t give up when it seems like you’re facing a wall—you brainstorm, research, learn, and solve. You’re up for making a bunch of new friends (because we’ll be your friends whether you like it or not).
Like what you’ve read so far? The nitty-gritty is below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who You Are
You are a storyteller at heart. You have a passion for the art and science of creating compelling and effective multimedia content. Whether shooting, editing, or producing, you understand the entire lifecycle of creating something meaningful. You also love working with audio and understand its role in elevating video or standing on its own to deliver a message.
You know how to make your audience feel something. You have an eye for capturing what matters and removing the fluff that doesn’t add value.
You handle pressure well and don’t get flustered easily as multiple high priority deadlines are competing for your attention. You are tenacious and resourceful. You are hyper-organized and have no problem pulling up “that video from 2 years ago that we used in that one campaign, remember?”
Would you be a good fit?
- If you’re coming from the freelance life, you’ll love the focus and ability to hone in on a comprehensive content strategy. The opportunity to work on multimedia content all day makes your heart sing.
- If you’re coming from a corporate job, you’ll love the creative freedom you have to try new things and double down on what works.
- If you currently have your dream job, but you’re tired of commuting into the city everyday, come fall in love with Lovingly.
What you’ll be doing
Storytelling. Your content is compelling because it tells a story. It creates an emotional connection with your audience and inspires them to take action.
One-stop-shop. You are excited to be a one-stop-shop: producer, shooter, editor and feel comfortable with graphics, visual effects, and audio production.
Attention to Detail: You notice and care about the little things, from color correction, audio balance, and fine tune cuts that make a difference in the final product.
Balance. You will be working on multiple campaigns with different audiences and channels at the same time. You know what to highlight for each to be a success and how to manage the project from beginning to end.
Organize. You will help create proper process and procedures for our video workflow including naming conventions, video archival and collection across multiple campaigns and channels.
Analyze. You are hungry to know what happens once your content is out there. You’ll dive into what’s resonating, what’s not, and then iterate to make the next piece of content even more engaging.
- 3+ years in video editing / production
- 1+ years in audio editing / production
- Expert in creating multiple types of creative media to support sales and marketing (Commercials, trailers, interviews, marketing materials, explainer videos, podcasts etc.)
- Expert in video editing tools from Adobe Creative Suite (Premier Pro, Affect Effects)
- Demonstrated knowledge of other Adobe Creative Suite tools a plus (Animator, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience in a professional audio editing tool of Audio tools (Protools, Ableton, Logic Pro) etc.
- Ability to travel and work some nights, weekends if needed
- Ability to work with talent and give pointers to capture what is needed for the shoot (i.e. natural organic feel, comedic elements for a punchline, pauses for emotional effect)
- Experience and knowledge in driving the entire production process from pre-production through to distribution
- Experience and knowledge in hosting/distribution networks for multimedia content (e.g. Wistia, Youtube, Vimeo, IGTV, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher)
- Knowledge of file handling, multiple video codecs and formats and managing the entire upload and management of content on different platforms
- Self-motivated, strong communication, project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- An Apple computer and the latest software to do your job effectively
- Competitive base salary
- A fun, upbeat office culture
- Casual dress code & relaxed working environment
- 401K with guaranteed 3% salary contribution
- A Collegial, Highly-Creative Working Atmosphere
- A Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Optional Life & Accident Insurance
- Gym Reimbursement
- 20 Paid Time Off Days (Use them however you want)
Here’s how we’re different: The services we provide are performance-based, which means we put our clients first and prioritize their success. We respect each others’ ideas and expertise. We spend a lot of time making bad jokes, we know that teamwork makes the dream work, and most of all, we believe in what we do.